POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
Provide strategic leadership in the development and implementation of UWCM’s external relations and initiatives for resource development. Responsible for increasing the development of financial resources for UWCM through the coordination of the activities of staff and volunteers to maximize fundraising efforts through the development and implementation of best practices. Oversees and directs the administration of the private sector team and initiatives through strong managerial relationships, collegial relationships, and community relationships, and includes leading meetings with staff and volunteers for purposes of planning, reporting and dissemination of organizational information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes, but are not limited to:
40% Annual Campaign Management
Manage all aspects of fundraising and relationship development to increase participation/giving for a $4.4M (2014 card value) portfolio of accounts aimed at increasing overall campaign results. Responsibilities include engaging coordinators, CEO’s, existing donors and prospects. Also, outlining strategic approach for the top accounts. Update all information in our database and maintain the highest level of CRM. Guides strategic planning and implementation of activities toward annual revenue goals.
- • Create year-round relationships with accounts
- • Track results and adjust strategy as needed
- • Deepen relationships with coordinators, ambassadors and donors
- • Increase dollars to Resources Under Management (RUM) for UWCM
40% Management of the Private Sector workplace fundraising team
Supervising a team five fundraising professionals responsible for generating approximately $17.5M (75% of the $23-24M raised annually by the Private Sector). Guides the development of the team’s annual work plans to achieve the objectives and maintain the ongoing responsibilities of the organization in these areas. Identifies, advises and counsels RMs regarding developmental needs in line with corporate goals and policies. Train and develop the RM’s to understand relationship building. Conduct weekly/biweekly meetings with RM’s and motivate the team to achieve high results and collaborate together.
20% Coordinator Affinity Group
- • Work with RMs to establish and oversee a coordinator affinity group
- • RMs will provides year-round engagement opportunities/communications
- • RMs to develop and execute Annual Campaign Kickoff/LIVE UNITED Engagement Summit event
- • RMs to organize and offer coordinator recognition/appreciation event
ACCOUNTABILITY: (Expected results including performance metrics as applicable—quality, quantity, dollars and time)
- Financial results will be a year over year increase for the team and individually.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organization and its value to the community and donors though a minimum of five external appointments each week
- Practice and model effective stewardship to secure 80% donor retention and 93% customer workplace campaign retention.
- Develop a reputation in providing excellent, proactive customer service to customers, volunteers, donors and to staff across the organization
- Analyze and track activities on a weekly basis
- Ability to articulate UWCM mission and the value to the community
INTERACTION: (Internal and external)
- Many high level corporate leaders as well as individual donors and volunteers
- Mid-level and senior management from companies and organizations
- Other United Way departments including; Donor Services, IT, Finance, Marketing and IS.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Required: (education, years of experience, special skills, etc.)
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required plus 5 – 7 years related experience in customer relationship management, marketing, communications and/or sales.
Knowledge and application of electronic pledging, tracking, and direction communications tools in addition to a high proficiency in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
Abilities/Skills: (i.e. ability to empathize, initiative, self-confidence, customer service focus, drive to achieve, teamwork, leadership, etc.)
- Drive to Achieve
- Demonstrated qualities of self motivation, initiative, and strong work ethic
- Ability to represent UWCM in a professional manner
- Positive attitude and self-confidence
- Ability to hire, train, and grow direct reports
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with different temperaments/ work styles
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to manage issues and crisis calmly and effectively
- Able to be flexible and open to change
- Ability to follow directions and demonstrate a strong attention to details
- Be politically astute
- Computer skills, including word processing and data management
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (sitting, standing, lifting, etc)
- Lifting up to 40lbs.
- Presenting to groups (between 10-200 people)
- Sitting and Walking
Please send resume and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org