Maryland has the highest foreclosure rate in the nation, and families are the fastest growing homeless group. Oftentimes, one emergency like a car failing to start or an illness can set off a chain reaction that results in the threat of homelessness.
United Way of Central Maryland’s goal is to change that, to change the odds for families in our region. United Way focuses on:
- -Family Stability programs such as Family Homelessness Prevention, Shelter Diversion & Rapid Rehousing, and Project Homeless Connect
- -Offering help 24/7 through the 2-1-1 Maryland United Way Helpline
As we celebrate our veterans today, let's remember that we benefit from their sacrifices each and every day of the year. United Way is committed to serving veterans in need year round so they can thrive in our community with good jobs, affordable housing, quality education and access to healthy food and healthcare -- the building blocks for a self-sufficient life.
Anne Arundel Medical Center coordinators Kim Tucker and Matthew Kennedy integrated social media into their entire workplace campaign with their #AAMCmissionpossible hashtag. Whether it’s Zumba or campaign kickoff, this hashtag is featured prominently in all United Way events and signage plus the back of their “Special Agent” t-shirts. This creative campaign makes the mission – supporting the community – possible and so much more fun.
Thanks for your creativity, AAMC!
Nominate Your Social Service Superstar
We're partnering with the Superstar Foundation to recognize exceptional performers in human services. Together, the Superstar…Be the first to comment!
Bank of America helps expand the 2-1-1 Maryland United Way Helpline
Last fiscal year, the 2-1-1 Maryland United Way Helpline answered 103,617 calls from people seeking help…Be the first to comment!
- Uplifting and empowering our homeless community Be the first to comment! Read more...
- Hi Marinelle, Thanks for your post! This is part of… Written by Kara Anderson on Friday, 12 October 2012 16:15
- Question: Can anyone try this and do you have a… Written by Marinelle Cannaday Carter on Friday, 12 October 2012 15:08