Legacy Circle – Make Your Legacy Count with an Endowment Gift
When you join United Way of Central Maryland’s (UWCM's) Legacy Circle, you safeguard the future of our community for years to come.
The gifts of Legacy Circle donors are perpetual investments in the UWCM endowment fund that will forever improve lives, strengthen communities and ensure the ability to meet future needs.
About the Tocqueville Legacy Circle
UWCM’s Tocqueville Legacy Circle was created to honor current Tocqueville Society members who have also made legacy commitments of $200,000 or more to the UWCM endowment fund. These Tocqueville Society members are visionaries, making gifts that contribute to lasting change. The legacy commitment may be:
- A realized deferred gift of $200,000 or more received from a bequest or similar vehicle
- An outright gift or documented written pledge of $200,000 or more to the UWCM endowment fund
A written notification of a revocable or irrevocable planned gift arrangement such as a provision in a will, a life insurance policy or a split interest with a face amount or death benefit of $200,000 or more
About the Legacy Circle
Gifts to the endowment fund of less than $200,000 are recognized under our Legacy Circle program. With your commitment, you are establishing a never-ending gift to your community that sets an example of generosity and encourages others to give back.
Learn More Today
For more information, read the Endowment Gift FAQs below.
- Consistently meet UWCM’s goals over time
- Maintain institutional stability
- Build long-term resources for the organization that provide the capacity to respond to critical community needs and to allow UWCM to make strategic investments in community services and resources
Also, with policy limitations, donors to the endowment have the ability to specify areas of use for the earnings from their gift that are consistent with UWCM’s mission.
- Gifts of Appreciated Securities
- Gifts of Cash
- Gifts of Real Estate
- Gifts of Personal Property
- General Bequest (designated sum)
- Percentage Bequest (percentage of donor’s estate)
- Specific Bequest (bequest of a specific asset)
- Residuary Bequest (balance after other specific bequests are satisfied)
- Naming UWCM as the beneficiary of a retirement account
- Life Insurance
- Pooled Income Fund
- Reserved Life Estate
- Charitable Remainder Unit Trust
- Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Deferred Gift Annuity
Vice President of Major Gifts and Planned Giving
We will work with you and your estate planner or financial professional to structure a gift benefitting both UWCM and you.