Plan a United Way Healthy Food Drive
Did you know that more than 325,000 central Marylanders are food insecure?
Imagine not not having access to affordable healthy food—this is what it means to be food insecure.
You can help.
As part of United Way of Central Maryland's Access to Healthy Food Initiative, we invite you to conduct a healthy food drive.
See What Others Are Doing
Organize a Healthy Food Drive with United Way of Central Maryland
- Organize a healthy food drive with your employees, members, students and/or faculty. Any size business, organization or private school is encouraged to participate.
- UWCM will connect you with an organization or pantry in need of healthy perishable or non-perishable items, or you may identify your place of choice.
- Each workplace, organization or school is responsible for transporting the food items to the designated location.
- Download our Healthy Food Drive flyer.
1) Gleaning is the gathering of produce by volunteers after the commercial harvest is completed on a farm, among other sorting activities.
2) November is National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Month.
3) June is National Hunger Awareness Month.
What should you give to a Healthy Food Drive?
|Fruits and vegetables:||Proteins, beans and legumes:||Dairy:|
|Bryn Mawr Healthy Food Drive||Calvert School Healthy Food Drive||
Merrill Lynch Healthy Food Drive drop off at
Mt. Carmel AME Church