Nonprofit Agency Funding
Community Investment Process
Poverty is a critical issue in our community – one that is at the root of many problems. Using a collective impact approach, United Way of Central Maryland (UWCM) is changing the odds for families and communities in Maryland in Baltimore City and Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford and Howard counties by focusing on the basic building blocks of a self-sufficient life: education, financial stability and health. This means:
- Access to health care, dental care and healthy food
- A safe, affordable place to call home
- A quality education that leads to a good job and self-sufficiency
Without these fundamental building blocks of life, the odds of achieving success are slim. UWCM helps families through our special initiatives, including the Family Stability Initiative, Access to Healthy Food Initiative, our READ LEARN SUCCEED program and 2-1-1 Maryland at UWCM.
Beyond our impact work, UWCM continues to serve as an efficient, effective fundraiser, providing funding to more than 1,600 nonprofits annually.
Our community investment opportunities are just one way in which nonprofit agencies in central Maryland can partner with UWCM to help address these critical issues in our community. Please see below for more details on these opportunities that are available in 2014.
View the UWCM Strategic Plan 2014-2016 Community Informational Session PowerPoint
UWCM FY2016 Community Operational Grant
UWCM’s Community Operational Grant Application is now available below. This grant opportunity is to provide funding for health and human service organizations providing vital basic needs services in central Maryland. These grants will support operating expenses for FY2016 beginning July 2015.
Application now available at www.ctkodm.com/uwcm.
- Username: applicant
- Password: cog2016
View Application Instructions
Deadline: January 20, 2015 at 12:00 p.m.
Bidder’s Conference: Participants can attend in person or by webinar.
- December 9, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in UWCM offices at 100 S. Charles Street, 5th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21201 (please bring a photo ID)
- December 10, 2014 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in UWCM offices, 100 S. Charles Street, 5th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21201 (please bring a photo ID)
Bidder's Conference Webinar Information
UWCM FY2016 Community Response Grant
- UWCM FY2016 Community Response Grant Instructions and Guidelines
- UWCM FY2016 Community Response Grant Application
Applications due by 4:00 p.m. on:
- Thursday, August 27, 2015
- Thursday, November 5, 2015
- Thursday, January 14, 2016
- Thursday, April 7, 2016
To receive payment via Electronic Funds Transfer, please complete this EFT Form and follow the instructions for submittal.
2015 Government Campaigns
Apply to be included as a participating charity.
Combined Charity Campaign
For more information, visit ccc.baltimorecity.gov.
Maryland Charity Campaign
For more information, visit www.mdcharity.org.
Combined Federal Campaign
For more information, visit www.cbacfc.org.