Volunteer to Help the Homeless at Project Homeless Connect
When: September 19, 2013
Where: Baltimore Convention Center (1 West Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD)
Click here to register.
For detailed information for volunteers, including directions, where to park, what bring, and so on, please click here to download the Volunteer Information Packet.
Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2013:
Setup: 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Thursday, Sept. 19, 2013:
All-Day Shift: 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Morning Shift: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Afternoon Shift:12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Takedown: 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Project Homeless Connect is a one-day resource fair that focuses on meeting the immediate needs of the homeless through the provision of on-site services, such as medical & dental care, housing & employment assistance, government benefits access, and much more! This event would not be possible without the help of our volunteers. There are several different ways that you can volunteer at Project Homeless Connect:
- Volunteer Guides will be paired with a homeless individual or family to help them navigate the event and access services. Guides will work directly with the homeless.
- Greeters will welcome homeless participants at the entrance and direct them to the line to be paired with a guide. Greeters are the first volunteers that homeless participants will meet at the event.
- Bus riders will help to shuttle homeless participants from shelters to the event and back. Bus riders help the driver navigate to the locations, and they can answer some early questions and get participants geared up for the event.
- Runners help the service providers get what they need to continue helping the homeless. Runners get to interact with both service providers and homeless participants.
- Registration volunteers help to get the volunteers and service providers all set up.
- Food bank / giveaways volunteers distribute food, other groceries, hygiene bags, socks, and school supplies to homeless participants as they exit the event.
- Setup / takedown volunteers help with the logistics before and after the event. This is a great shift for those that have difficulty coming during the day on a weekday.