Volunteer with us and help make Thanksgiving brighter for families in need.
This opportunity has been filled. Thank you to all who volunteered for Harvest of Plenty this year!
Imagine Thanksgiving without the one thing that is certain to bring family together -- an abundance of food. Unfortunately, many families in our region do not have access to the foods that make Thanksgiving, well, Thanksgiving.
United Way of Central Maryland’s 22nd Annual Harvest of Plenty meal program provides low-income families with complete holiday meals -- and we need your help to make it possible!
Join our team of Harvest of Plenty volunteers and help us schedule appointments for local families to pick up these much-needed Thanksgiving baskets in time for the holiday.
2-1-1 Maryland United Way Helpline at 100 S. Charles St., 5th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21201
Duties and Responsibilities
• Respond to callers seeking Thanksgiving baskets or contact eligible families to register for the program
• Use the computer to locate the pick-up site closest to caller’s home
• Inform callers about the site location, distribution date, time and documents they will need to take with them
• Document caller information
• Ability to communicate effectively over the telephone with persons from diverse backgrounds and treat all callers with respect, courtesy and patience
• Computer literacy
Training: Multiple trainings are available throughout October.
Time Commitment: At least two hours a day, once a week Monday through Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.