GIVE TO UNITED WAY
Your gift keeps Marylanders in homes, helps kids in school, and provides access to healthy food and jobs that pay the bills.
MEET 12 OF UNITED WAY OF CENTRAL MARYLAND'S FANTASTIC PARTNERSClick the video to learn more about our partners in Great Baltimore
Our annual Spirit of Partnership awards recognize those who go the extra mile working in partnership with us. This year, these honorees were there for us when we needed them, where we needed them, even during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Amazon donated 100 cases of essential items every week in addition to bridging the digital divide with a $10,000 donation for tablets;
- DJ Kopec rallied more than 60,000 pounds of chicken, ingredients for 30,000 sandwiches for healthcare workers, and $64,000 for the Baltimore Child Abuse Center;
- Holly Poultry and Zach Fine have been United Way supporters for years, and during the crisis, they donated 150,000 pounds of chicken and bacon. They're also working with us on vital workforce development programs;
- Nature's Yoke donated 30,000 eggs to help make breakfast sandwiches for local healthcare workers
- Chuck Paterakis and H&S Bakery provided three truckloads of bread and rolls to feed healthcare workers and others on the front lines; and
- Our 211 Helpline partnered with Lyft to provide rides for callers to get to and from work, pick up food, and access medical services.
And in our local jurisdictions:
- Cindy O’Neil helped us understand the needs of Anne Arundel County by partnering in our weekly COVID-19 grant making, helping distribute more than $500,000 in six weeks;
- Baltimore’s Promise’s dedication allowed the COVID-19 Response Funding Collaborative of Greater Baltimore grant more than $4.5 million through 17 different funders;
- Carol Bogash and the University of Maryland Baltimore County helped to shape new approaches to systemic issues through design thinking;
- Westminster Rescue Mission of Carroll County increased food access for families in Taneytown in partnership with our RUN board;
- Steve Linkous and his team at Harford Mutual Insurance Company are willing to tackle any challenge to help their local Harford County community; and
- Nikki Highsmith Vernick and The Horizon Foundation drive innovation through the Changemaker Challenge in Howard County.
From fundraising to supplying food to transportation, these partners selflessly and generously donated their time, resources, and energy to helping the United Way of Central Maryland continue to support and empower local communities all across the state.
BE A UNITED WAY PARTNERPartners like you help promote equity and increase Marylanders' access to education, health, employment, and housing.
BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Get the latest info on how you can join us to improve the lives of our neighbors —and the neighborhoods they call home.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.