GIVE TO UNITED WAY
Your gift keeps Marylanders in homes, helps kids in school, and provides access to healthy food and jobs that pay the bills.
Childcare Aide/Administrative Assistant, Poppleton
Overview of Position:
The United Way Neighborhood Zones at Poppleton seeks to build and strengthen the communities of Southwest Baltimore by utilizing a community informed approach. This strategy includes providing wraparound services to students, families and community residents to support their educational and economic goals. Integral to this strategy is the United Way Family Center at Poppleton that will provide early childhood education as well as socio-emotional supports to infants and toddlers and their young parents.
In accordance with the needs of the ages of the population, the Childcare Aide/Administrative Assistant is responsible for completing tasks as assigned by the Neighborhood Zone Director and Family Center Manager. This position is a full-time, non-exempt 12-month position, supervised by the Family Center Manager.
Critical features of this position are described under the headings below but are subject to change at the discretion of management. This job description reflects the designation of essential job functions but does not provide an all-inclusive list of duties that may be assigned.
Childcare Aide Responsibilities:
- Work as a team member to provide a warm, nurturing environment, model and encourage appropriate social interactions and assure individual age appropriate activities for each child.
- Lead child-centered, non-directive play
- Assist with the daily care of infants and toddlers including feeding, diapering, toileting, hand washing, sleeping, and playing.
- Assist individual children and small groups with developmentally appropriate activities, classroom strategies and therapy.
- Participate in implementation of trauma informed, attachment-based activities/model (e.g. Circle of
- Security, Circle time; NCAST taping, etc.).
- Help in preparation of instructional aids and materials for classroom activities.
- Assist Childcare Teachers in completing required classroom/center paperwork.
- Ensure that appearance, cleanliness and safe environment of classroom is appropriately maintained.
- Other related duties as required by the program
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assist with ensuring completion of participant paperwork related to program and CARF.
- Assist with program administrative needs as assigned.
- Assist with filing and data input.
- Assist with data input.
- Other duties as required by the program
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 90-hour Childcare and 45-hour Infant-Toddler certificates required
- Must obtain Child Development Associate (CDA) certificate within one year of date of hire (unless hire has an Associate’s Degree in early childhood education or a related field)
- Previous childcare experience
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to develop and maintain effective communications and working relationships with other employees, participants, and their families.
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Outlook, Word, and
- Excel to complete administrative duties.
- Must be able to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Must be able to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Must have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Must be able to bend, squat and lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to sit on the floor for long periods of time.
- Must be able to travel to and from different locations and sites in the greater Baltimore area.
- Must have manual dexterity sufficient to perform various keyboard functions.
- Must be physically present at the assigned job site.
- *May be exposed to such occupational hazards as communicable diseases, blood pathogens, and aggressive or combative program participants.
- Able to pass background check.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
United Way of Central Maryland
Attention: Human Resources
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 340
Baltimore, MD 21230
BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Get the latest info on how you can join us to improve the lives of our neighbors —and the neighborhoods they call home.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.