GIVE TO UNITED WAY
Your gift keeps Marylanders in homes, helps kids in school, and provides access to healthy food and jobs that pay the bills.
211MD Bilingual (Spanish) Community Resource Specialist
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
The Bilingual Community Resource Specialist will skillfully and compassionately connect Marylanders with health and human service assistance to link persons seeking help to available community resources. This position will also provide public education on health and human service issues, community resources and the services of 211 Maryland United Way Helpline at United Way of Central Maryland.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Provide skilled information and referral services in response to requests for help, primarily by phone. Interview callers and assess service needs using the principles of active listening. Use the computer to identify appropriate resources and provide information on eligibility requirements and availability of services. Assist clients with problem solving. Recognize and respond appropriately to persons in crisis. Maintain accurate records on each contact with client.
- Conduct follow-up on callers per 2-1-1 MD at United Way of Central Maryland’s policy. Engage is special campaigns that are relevant and consistently changing in the way that we work.
- Provide education and training on the information and referral process, community resources, community needs and human service issues to United Way staff, community groups, agencies, and other organizations.
- Make presentations on 2-1-1 Maryland at United Way of Central Maryland’s products and services at community and business events. Conduct 2-1-1 call listening sessions for key stakeholders. Participate on select committees as assigned to provide expert information on the health and human service system and community issues. Support campaign through public speaking as needed.
- Is enthusiastic and has a positive attitude toward helping others
- Experience working on a diverse team, and with diverse constituencies.
- Maintains excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work as part of a team
- Flexibility in an ever-changing service delivery landscape.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and complex work environment.
- Establishes and maintains supportive, professional relationships with UWCM staff and volunteers; effectively represents UWCM in the community; develops contacts in the community with civic organizations, non-profit and governmental agencies
- Maintains connections and network within the community to form and maintain effective partnerships in the community
- Presents a professional and positive image as a representative of UWCM at external events
- Displays cultural competence
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- BA in social work, counseling, or other human services field with 2+ years’ experience. Could be substituted with AA and 6+ years’ experience.
- Preferred experience includes crisis intervention skills.
- Flexible and ability to work remotely with little supervision.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted. There is extensive use of a computer. Employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
United Way of Central Maryland
Attention: Human Resources
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 340
Baltimore, MD 21230
BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Get the latest info on how you can join us to improve the lives of our neighbors —and the neighborhoods they call home.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.