GIVE TO UNITED WAY
Your gift keeps Marylanders in homes, helps kids in school, and provides access to healthy food and jobs that pay the bills.
Assistant Director, Results and Accountability
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
United Way of Central Maryland (United Way) is seeking an individual with experience in data collection, analysis, data visualization and reporting. This position will focus primarily on supporting these functions for United Way of Central Maryland (UWCM) Impact Strategy initiatives, covering a range of direct service programs and funded partners, to ensure that a high level of accountability is maintained for all UWCM impact investments.
United Way promotes equity, creates opportunity and improves lives. We bring together partners to take on the toughest challenges facing our communities. Working together, we strengthen families and communities by increasing access to basic needs such as health, housing, employment and education, this through a combination of direct-service initiatives, strategic partnerships, grantmaking, volunteerism and advocacy.
This position provides a unique opportunity to join a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative team that is committed to making community investments that advance equity and improve the lives of Central Maryland’s most vulnerable individuals and families.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
65% Data Collection, Analysis, Data Visualization, and Reporting
- Work closely with IS program staff to develop performance measures using a Results-Based Accountability (RBA) framework.
- Review, scrub, analyze and aggregate United Way Impact Strategy data from a range of programs and initiatives.
- Develop data visualizations and narrative reports: 1) to inform program staff and UWCM Leadership on program results and progress; and 2) for use in UWCM marketing and grant reports to funders.
- Provide support and technical assistance as needed to program staff and funded partners (grantees) in the collection of and reporting of program data and results.
- Support the ongoing development and/or revision of program reporting requirements.
- Build / revise reporting forms within United Way’s web-based grants portal.
- Troubleshoot with software vendor any challenges that arise in grant portal development and use.
30% Grant Monitoring and Compliance
- Work closely with Grantmaking Director to support development of MOUs, scopes of work and program budgets for funded partners.
- Coordinate ongoing communication with funded partners regarding reporting requirements.
- Monitor compliance and support quality implementation of funded partners by: 1) monitoring submission and reviewing program reports; and 2) providing technical assistance as needed.
- Work closely with Director of Grant Development to support UWCM compliance with select incoming grant awards, including tracking reporting deadlines, communicating requirements with internal staff and supporting the development and submission of reports.
5% Divisional Operations:
- Participate in staff meetings, individual meetings with coach and additional internal meetings as needed.
In order to be successful in this job, the Assistant Director, Results and Accountability must consistently demonstrate competency in:
- Data review, scrubbing and analysis.
- Development of clean and compelling data visualizations, reports and presentations using program data.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Project management skills: managing multiple tasks, prioritizing work, meeting deadlines, seeking support when needed, providing periodic progress updates.
- Interpersonal skills: developing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, community partners and funders; and working well as part of a team on collaborative grant development projects.
Interacts with UWCM staff from multiple divisions; other agencies/community partners (public and private), and software vendors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree and experience in data analysis required. Project management experience and experience with / knowledge of poverty and human service field a plus. Computer literacy is required (see specifics below). Experience with grantmaking and/or grant management software a plus. Additionally, the Assistant Director, Results and Accountability will:
- Possess strong critical and analytical skills and general knowledge of program evaluation methodology.
- Be well-organized, time-sensitive and have strong project management skills - able to set priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Exhibit solid communications and collaboration skills, able to work as part of a team and effectively support community partners.
- Apply advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and at least one data visualization tool such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview, or other software.
- Be skilled in the use of PowerPoint, and Word, and in the preparation of data presentations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (sitting, standing, lifting, etc.)
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position at UWCM. The large majority of this work takes place onsite at UWCM, with occasional meetings taking place offsite. While onsite at UWCM, the person will occasionally walk and stand, and interaction with personnel located in other parts of the building will be necessary. The hands are regularly used to write, type, keypunch and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and listen. Tasks involving moving objects weighting up to 25 pounds can occur (i.e. laptop computer, heavy files, computer reports, computer terminals or other regular office equipment.) Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
United Way of Central Maryland
Attention: Human Resources
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 340
Baltimore, MD 21230
BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Get the latest info on how you can join us to improve the lives of our neighbors —and the neighborhoods they call home.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.