CHILD CARE AIDE, BROOKLYN
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
The United Way Neighborhood Zones at Brooklyn seeks to build and strengthen the communities of Brooklyn and Curtis Bay utilizing a community informed approach. This strategy includes providing wraparound services to students, families and community residents to support their educational and economic goals. Integral to this strategy is the United Way Family Center at Brooklyn that will provide early childhood education as well as socio-emotional supports to infants and toddlers and their young parents. In addition to these services, adult education and job readiness programs will be provided to equip community members the skills and tools to fully participate in the job market.
In accordance with the needs of the ages of the population, the Childcare Aide is responsible for completing tasks as assigned by the Neighborhood Zone Director, Family Center Manager and Childcare Teachers. This position is a full-time, non-exempt 12-month position, supervised by the Family Center Manager.
Critical features of this position are described under the headings below but are subject to change at the discretion of management. This job description reflects the designation of essential job functions but does not provide an all-inclusive list of duties that may be assigned.
CHILDCARE AIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as a team member to provide a warm, nurturing environment, model and encourage appropriate social interactions and assure individual age appropriate activities for each child.
- Lead Child Centered Non-directive play with children.
- Prepare and assist with the daily care of infants and toddlers, with feeding, diapering, toileting, hand washing, sleeping, and playing.
- Assist individual children and small groups with developmentally appropriate activities, classroom strategies and therapy.
- Participate in implementation of trauma informed, attachment-based activities/model (e.g. Circle of Security, Circle time; NCAST taping, etc.).
- Help in preparation of instructional aids and materials for classroom activities utilizing Center approved curriculum.
- Assist Child Care Teacher in completing required classroom/center paperwork.
- Ensure that appearance, cleanliness, and safe environment of classroom is appropriately maintained.
- Other related duties as required by the program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of a high school diploma/GED. Child Development Associate (CDA) certificate is required within one year of date of hire (unless AA/AS specifically in Early Childhood Education).
- 90 Hour Child Care certificate or equivalent education required; 45 Hour Infant and Toddler certificate required.
- Previous childcare experience.
- Conditions of Employment:
- Able to pass background check.
- Anticipated Start Date: 7/6/2021
Please submit a resume to email@example.com. Please use “Childcare Aide” in the subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.