GIVE TO UNITED WAY
Your gift keeps Marylanders in homes, helps kids in school, and provides access to healthy food and jobs that pay the bills.
Digital Marketing Specialist
The Digital Marketing Specialist will manage paid and organic marketing efforts to create connections, increase brand awareness, drive donations, and share information about United Way of Central Maryland (UWCM) and its programming. This position reports to the Senior Director of Digital Marketing and works with a full-service Marketing team, as well as cross-functionally within the organization.
This role is both a creative storyteller and digital enthusiast, acting as the voice of UWCM in online communities, clearly articulating complex programs and activities, as well as the tech muscle behind the success of digital platforms and campaigns.
The position will be highly visible within the Marketing & Innovation Department which covering digital marketing, communications, creative, volunteerism, membership groups and digital solutions, and make additional interactions in Development & Major Gifts, Impact Strategies, IT/Finance and Executive divisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
40% Social Media Content Management
Lead manager on all social media accounts, includes creating and publishing content (written captions, story posts, photos, videos, live feeds, audio clips, graphics, etc.) across current & emerging social channels, and monitoring performance and growth opportunities. Social media content will be generated from and used to promote UWCM programs, giving campaigns, educational experiences, volunteering, events & briefings, media coverage, and corporate & community partners. Additional responsibilities may be added in vendor selection and management, including photographers and videographers. (Photography/videography skills a plus.)
20% Email Production
Assist in the execution of an active email marketing program driving efforts in fundraising, events & volunteering, donor engagement, lead generation and community education. Responsibilities include writing email copy & subject lines, building & editing email templates in Marketing Cloud, choosing and sizing images, creating graphics, setting UTM tracking & A/B tests and scheduling deployment.
20% Website Management
Assist in keeping UWCM’s flagship website (uwcm.org) up to date and managing a suite of online donation & volunteer platforms. Responsibilities include basic webpage edits, writing & publishing blog stories, adding job listings, designing new pages within the CMS and basic web development, and creating URL redirects. Additional responsibilities include building custom donation and volunteer management webpages and working with Digital Solutions and Finance teams to troubleshoot donation issues and/or errors and generate transaction reports.
20% Web Analytics & Search Engine Marketing
Measure data and analytics across, but not limited to websites, email, social media, podcasts, digital advertising, events, and donations using platforms such as Social Studio, Marketing Cloud and Salesforce, as well as Google tools including Analytics, YouTube, Maps, and AdWords nonprofit grants. Share recommendations on how to better create and improve content, use giving tools, and drive engagement and donations. Additional responsibilities include working with media buyers to create audience demographics, fulfill creative files and track advertising campaigns.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Marketing/Marketing, Communications, Business, Computer Science or related field, and/or combination of job work experience in digital marketing
- 2-4 years’ experience in social media content management, digital marketing, technology platforms or related function
- Strong creative writing and communications skills, including the ability to understand and write for tone, different audiences, and comfortability appearing in video/audio content
- Comfortability learning and working in many technology platforms and Content Management Systems (WYSIWYGs), and using basic Web development (HTML) skills
- Love of data and analytics, including how to find them, crunch the numbers, report it to teams, and use it to make our platforms perform better. Able to receive data from many sources to create hypothesis and points of view.
- A can-do attitude with the ability to manage and switch between multiple tasks; willingness to try new things and embrace change
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work with digital marketers, designers, writers, vendors, etc.
- Natural curiosity and interest in exploring marketing trends to translate key learnings into action
- Basic graphic/web design skills a plus
- Photography/videography experience a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (SITTING, STANDING, LIFTING, ETC)
The position requires that one:
- Write and type; sit for extended periods of time at a computer
- Write, remain attentive and take notes for extended periods of time in meetings
- Work under pressure and manage stress effectively
- Be available for periodic early morning or evening meetings and presentations
- Occasionally, be able to adjust work hours to meet deadlines and respond to requests
- Stand to make presentations
- Occasionally weights of over 25 pounds are required to be lifted.
UWCM staff is currently working remote but will be returning to a hybrid office setting in September 2021. This position will be expected to balance working partially at the UWCM offices in Southwest Baltimore, remote from your home, and traveling throughout Central Maryland at various community & volunteer events.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
United Way of Central Maryland
Attention: Human Resources
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 340
Baltimore, MD 21230
BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Get the latest info on how you can join us to improve the lives of our neighbors —and the neighborhoods they call home.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.