GIVE TO UNITED WAY
Your gift keeps Marylanders in homes, helps kids in school, and provides access to healthy food and jobs that pay the bills.
Family Services Coordinator, Family Center Columbia
In accordance with the needs of the ages of the population served, the Family Services Coordinator is responsible for the overall management, coordination and administration of clinical/social work support services for center families and children.
- Develop and take leadership in the implementation of trauma informed interventions and clinical parent child attachment intervention with families.
- Serve as a Field Instructor to Social Work Interns.
- Participate in the hiring, supervision, and training of program staff to ensure the provision of a warm, nurturing environment.
- Ensure psychosocial assessments, service plans and appropriate referrals are completed for participants needing additional supports.
- Provide short term counseling, resource referral, case management and psychoeducational opportunities to participants of the program.
- Responsible for tracking services provided and providing relevant data to funding partners.
- Reinforce equitable programming across the Center.
- Train staff in general trauma informed and attachment based interventions.
- Present information regarding the program to funders and related committees as needed.
- Conduct home visits to center parents to support implementation of skills if necessary.
- Assist with fundraising efforts for programming.
- Participate in the development and implementation of yearly goals in conjunction with the program management team.
- Participate in relevant citywide and regional committees, boards, etc.
- Other related duties as required by the program
- Must be able to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Must be able to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Must have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Must be able to bend, squat and lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to travel to and from different locations and sites in the greater Baltimore area.
- Must have manual dexterity sufficient to perform various keyboard functions.
- Must be physically present at the assigned job site.
- *May be exposed to such occupational hazards as communicable diseases, blood pathogens, and aggressive or combative program participants.
- Able to pass background check.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in social work
- Individual must demonstrate cultural humility
- Care focus is on the neonate, pediatric, and adolescent populations, as well as some adults
- LCSW-C preferred; LMSW accepted
- At least 1 year post graduate practice
- Experience with early childhood development preferred
- Experience with adolescent population required
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Facilitating family involvement activities
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com . Please use “Family Services Coordinator” in the subject line. Closing date is July 31. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Get the latest info on how you can join us to improve the lives of our neighbors —and the neighborhoods they call home.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.