GIVE TO UNITED WAY
Your gift keeps Marylanders in homes, helps kids in school, and provides access to healthy food and jobs that pay the bills.
PART-TIME CHILDCARE AIDE
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
The United Way Neighborhood Zone at Poppleton seeks to build and strengthen the communities of Southwest Baltimore by utilizing a community informed approach. Integral to this strategy is the United Way Family Center at Excel Academy, which will provide early childhood education as well as supportive services to engaged families. This is a new center with a capacity of 18 children ages 8 weeks to 24 months.
In accordance with the needs of the ages of the population, the Part-time Childcare Aide is responsible for completing tasks as assigned by the Child Development Specialist and Childcare Teachers. This position is a full-time, non-exempt 12-month position, supervised by the Child Development Specialist.
Critical features of this position are described under the headings below but are subject to change at the discretion of management. This job description reflects the designation of essential job functions but does not provide an all-inclusive list of duties that may be assigned.
Childcare Aide Responsibilities:
- Work as a team member to provide a warm, nurturing environment, model and encourage appropriate social interactions and assure individual age appropriate activities for each child.
- Lead child-centered, non-directive play
- Assist with the daily care of infants and toddlers including feeding, diapering, toileting, hand washing, sleeping, and playing.
- Assist individual children and small groups with developmentally appropriate activities, classroom strategies and therapy.
- Participate in implementation of trauma informed, attachment-based activities/model (e.g. Circle of Security, Circle time; NCAST taping, etc.).
- Help in preparation of instructional aids and materials for classroom activities.
- Assist Childcare Teachers in completing required classroom/center paperwork.
- Ensure that appearance, cleanliness and safe environment of classroom is appropriately maintained.
- Other related duties as required by the program
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 90-hour Childcare and 45-hour Infant-Toddler certificates required
- Must obtain Child Development Associate (CDA) certificate within one year of date of hire (unless hire has an Associate’s degree in early childhood education or a related field)
- Previous childcare experience
- Understand and be committed to the overall philosophy of Family Support.
- Maintain respect for the confidentiality of information divulged by or on behalf of participants.
- Possess the ability to relate to people of diverse educational, cultural, and economic backgrounds.
- Be willing and able to do outreach and recruitment.
- Model appropriate interaction with young children and parents.
- Have the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Be willing to submit to a criminal background investigation.
- Have current medical evaluation, including a tuberculosis screen within 6 months before the individual begins work in the Center.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
United Way of Central Maryland
Attention: Human Resources
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 340
Baltimore, MD 21230
BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Get the latest info on how you can join us to improve the lives of our neighbors —and the neighborhoods they call home.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.