COMMUNITY IMPACT LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
Grow your leadership and advocacy skills while taking action on causes you care about
WHAT IS THE COMMUNITY IMPACT LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE?
United Way’s Community Impact Leadership Institute is an eclectic series of dynamic, timely, eye-opening, and fun events and experiences that will power personal, professional, and community change:
- Experiential and immersive activities
- Webinars to expand your social impact savvy
- Lively presentations and panels on trending issues
- Social and networking events
- Formal certification and public recognition of work for graduates
Each session is carefully designed to provide information, insight, and inspiration to help you take meaningful action to support and improve our communities.
WHO LEADS THE SESSIONS?
Topnotch local and national leaders from a variety of backgrounds who will expand your worldview, ignite your curiosity, and energize you to reimagine and redefine your world.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
- The Institute is open to everyone, including those who:
- Want to improve lives and neighborhoods
- Are associated with a nonprofit or community organization
- Lead a United Way fundraising drive where they work
WHAT DOES IT COST?
Absolutely nothing! There’s no charge and the benefits are enormous—for you, your neighborhood, your workplace, and our world.
- Create positive and measurable change where you live and where you work.
- Become more visible in your community and in your workplace.
- Be a part of a problem-solving network of like-minded people who want to make a meaningful impact on our world.
- Connect, share ideas, and create a better future for yourself, your community, your workplace.
- Sessions are held over a nine-month period, beginning in September.
- You can drop in for sessions that interest you or earn your certification.
- Complete at least 12 sessions including each of the four core sessions and complete a community impact project.
- You can join as an individual or a team from your workplace, your community, or your friends! Teams can earn certification when each member completes the requirements.
- Graduates will be notified by email and receive a Community Impact Leader certificate.
READ WHAT OUR GRADUATES HAVE TO SAY
I learned a lot about the scope of the challenges we face in our all communities, and was introduced to the people and organizations on the front lines of addressing those needs. Through the Institute, I have a better sense of the part I and my colleagues can play in helping our neighbors.
The Community Impact Leadership Institute gave me an amazing opportunity to serve with some much-needed structure and find initiatives that aligned with my passions. There were so many diverse opportunities for those who are action oriented, those who wanted to network, and those who wanted to listen/learn. I encourage everyone to give it a try!
The Community Impact Leadership Institute was an eye-opening, carefully curated series of experiences that will influence me for years to come. I benefited from volunteering, learning, and networking opportunities throughout the year. The Institute offers a framework for making a measurable impact on the community through immersive, enlightening, and fun experiences that bring to life the collective power of community.
As I continue to build my long-term relationship with United Way, the Community Impact Leadership Institute has offered me insights into both the work that United Way does in our area and helped directly connect me with a number of the community organizations with whom we partner.
I have met leaders and practitioners who have helped me better understand the complex choices and challenges that so many of my neighbors face.
I draw on my Institute learnings around best practices for data-driven community development—as well as ways I can use my privilege to create leadership space for community voices which have been disenfranchised— in my own professional life every day.