GIVE TO UNITED WAY
Your gift keeps Marylanders in homes, helps kids in school, and provides access to healthy food and jobs that pay the bills.
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
United Way of Central Maryland is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and dependable Marketing intern to support our marketing and communications team with a heavy focus on digital marketing. In this position, you will support the launch of key digital initiatives and as implement and deploy marketing content through our website, social media channels, and email. You will gain hands-on experience using digital tools like Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Social Studio, and more. There are also opportunities to write content, create digital assets, and assist in the management of marketing projects.
Your efforts will help drive brand awareness, volunteer and donor engagement, and new volunteer and donor acquisition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDES, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
You want to do the work and see it impact the business, not just learn about it. You’re not afraid to speak up and share your ideas. You’re available 10-15 hours over 2-3 days a week; you’d normally be in our Baltimore City office, but we’re remote right now.
You have experience using, or a willingness to learn, multiple digital platforms and every social media channel. You will provide direct support to full-service Marketing staff in the following areas, as well as other areas of Marketing when needed
- Set up templates and deploy emails for donor communications, newsletters, events etc.
- Analyze email marketing performance, including open rates, click through rates, etc.
- Generate segmentation lists within the CRM and deploy emails to those lists
- Troubleshoot issues related to email sends, bounces and delivery
- Email subscription administration (importing sign ups to CRM, subscription pages, removing manual unsubscribe requests)
- Manage Live.United@uwcm.org email box (email replies and unsubscribes)
- Build webpages for volunteer events, update and manage events calendar
- Build webpages and landing pages for events with necessary attendee information and other details
- Troubleshoot issues with attendees, donors and staff
- May assist in the writing, editing, and proofreading of marketing content, including blog posts, web pages, social media, and print materials
- Optimize and resize digital graphics
- Help collect digital metrics for use in analytics reports
- Assist in the monitoring of social channels
- Assist with photography and videography, if skilled
- Assist with editorial content calendar creation and management
- Bring new ideas for social content, contests, channels, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous technical experience with websites and professional social media experience preferred
- Basic proficiency with Photoshop or comparable photo editing software preferred
- Strong writing skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube for a business or organization
- Knowledge of Google Ads and Analytics is a bonus
- Take initiative without constant supervision
- Easily adapt to rapidly changing environment and demands
- Interest in data analytics
Interested candidates should send their resume to Katie Truitt (email@example.com). Please, no phone calls.
BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Get the latest info on how you can join us to improve the lives of our neighbors —and the neighborhoods they call home.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.