GIVE TO UNITED WAY
Your gift keeps Marylanders in homes, helps kids in school, and provides access to healthy food and jobs that pay the bills.
United Way’s Leaders United is a powerful network of more than 2,500 people representing a wide variety of age groups, backgrounds, workplaces, and interests who are committed to improving our region. Members, who give $1,000 or more each year to support United Way and causes they care about, make an incredible impact on our communities. The group contributes more than $4 million annually through United Way fundraising drives and Leaders United group initiatives.
Leaders United focuses on housing and homelessness, and also supports hands-on United Way projects that help families make ends meet. Since 2016, Leaders United members have:
- Outfitted 32 apartments for people transitioning from homelessness to permanent supportive housing with plans for 35 more in 2022
- Together with our Women United and Emerging Leaders United membership groups, created the
- Holiday Pop-Up Market that provided hundreds of families with self-selected gifts and a holiday experience to remember
- Provided families and veterans experiencing homelessness with “welcome home” kits, including the basic necessities needed to start a new chapter in their lives
- Completed a much-needed clean in the neighborhood of our partner agency, City of Refuge
- Hosted in person and virtual sessions to learn more about housing and homelessness in our region
- Created an annual event, Leaders on Tap, which brings hundreds of passionate donors together for an evening of networking and giving back
Interested in a Stock Donation? Learn more about giving the gift of stock to United Way.
Get Involved In Leaders United
A Brighter Outlook for the Future: The Way Home Project 2021
UWCM’s recent Way Home Project assisted those who have experienced long-term homelessness make their way home.
Learn More About United Way Housing Programs
A place to call home is one of the most basic—and essential—human needs. Evictions in our region are increasing at a staggering pace, with more people out of work or working fewer hours because of the pandemic.
BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Get the latest info on how you can join us to improve the lives of our neighbors —and the neighborhoods they call home.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.