GIVE TO UNITED WAY
Your gift keeps Marylanders in homes, helps kids in school, and provides access to healthy food and jobs that pay the bills.
Purple Friday Official Rules and Regulations
Purple Friday Official Rules and Regulations
UNITED WAY OF CENTRAL MARYLAND
PURPLE PLAYOFFS DRAWINGS
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. To enter the United Way Purple Friday Drawings (the “Contest”), each entrant must be a legal resident of the U.S., residing in Maryland. To be eligible, entrants must also be 18 years of age or older.
2. TO ENTER: You will be automatically entered if you submit a monetary donation on this online donation webpage. You will be automatically entered if you enter your name and email address and phone number on this entry form. No donation necessary.
3. PRIZES (this list will be modified as prizes are secured and announced):
Tickets to a Baltimore Ravens Game at M&T Bank Stadium on Sunday January 11, 2020.
4. WINNERS: Winners will be determined in a random drawing, on or about Thursday, January 9, 2020 from among all eligible entries received and processed by 12:00 p.m. on the day of the drawing. Drawing will be conducted by James McIntyre, Chief Financial Officer of United Way of Central Maryland, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of entries received. Winners must comply with all Contest rules as published herein. Potential winners will be notified by phone, email and/or U.S. Mail and may be required to complete, sign and return, a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and, where legal, and a Publicity Release. If potential winners do not reply to such notifications, the notifications or prizes are returned as undeliverable after one attempt and/or the affidavits and releases are not returned, winners may be disqualified and alternate winners may be selected. Limit one prize per person/family/household.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: THE FOLLOWING TERMS & CONDITIONS APPLY: Neither United Way of Central Maryland nor the sponsors assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, including, but not limited to, technical malfunctions, human or technical error or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of: any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. In the event this Contest is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, United Way of Central Maryland and the sponsors reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and in such event, to select winners for any prizes by random drawing from among all valid automatic entries received, up to such time of cancellation, termination or suspension and all eligible mailed entries received. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. All aspects of the prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE and no substitutions are allowed except at the sponsors’ sole discretion. No cash equivalent or exchange of prize is permitted (except at the sponsors’ sole discretion). Approximately prize value: $550.
Winners are responsible for any and all local, state and federal taxes.
6. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is only open to legal residents of the U.S., residing in Maryland. United Way of Central Maryland Employees, Officers and members of the Board of Directors and their families are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
7. ENTRANTS, BY THEIR PARTICIPATION, AND WINNERS, IN ACCEPTING THEIR PRIZES, AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS AND WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OF LIABILITY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER AGAINST UNITED WAY OF CENTRAL MARYLAND OR THE SPONSORS INCLUDING ANY ACCIDENT, LOSS, INJURY OR DEATH OCCURRING FROM THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE PRIZES OR USE/MISUSE THEREOF OR WHILE TRAVELING TO AND/OR FROM A LOCATION TO OBTAIN OR USE A PRIZE OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH A PRIZE.
Neither UNITED WAY OF CENTRAL MARYLAND NOR the Sponsors MAKE any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any Prize including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, NEITHER UNITED WAY OF CENTRAL MARYLAND NOR THE SPONSORS ACCEPT responsibilities for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
8. WINNERS’ CONSENT: Winners, in accepting their prizes, consent to the use of their names, addresses (city, state), photographs and likenesses for purposes of advertising, trade and promoting in any and all media on behalf of United Way of Central Maryland or the sponsors, without further compensation except where prohibited by law.
9. WINNERS LIST: To receive a winners’ list, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope, by January 31, 2020 to: United Way of Central Maryland, Inc. 1800 Washington Blvd, Baltimore, MD 21230., P.O. Box 1576, Baltimore, MD 21203-1576
BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Get the latest info on how you can join us to improve the lives of our neighbors —and the neighborhoods they call home.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.